Dr. M.S.RAJANNA. ,M.B.B.S..MD, FISCD ,.MIPHA. is a well known Family Physician doctor in Bangalore with 46 years of distinguish medical Practicing. He practices at Sowjanya Clinic @ Vijayanagar Bangalore. He is the Recipient of Rajyothsava Award organized by Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences Bangalore. He treats patients from 6 months old to 80 Years old. He is passionate about treating diabetes and did lot of research in that field. He is the Founding Member of Karnataka Diabetes Association.
He is a multifaced personality as Practicing Doctor, Health Educator, Author.
He treats patients from 6months old to 80 years old. He is passionate about treating diabetes and has seen several different type of patients in his Clinic named "Sowjanya Clinic" @ Vijaynagar, Bangalore.
46 Years Teacher in the Dept of Community medicine since Sept 1974. He served in different Govt Medical colleges such as K.M.C. Hubli, BMC, Bangalore and Govt medical college Mysore. Later He worked at KIMS Bangalore from 1990 to 2005 and further he worked at SSMC Tumkur from 2005 retired from SSMC Tumkur on 16th Aril 2018.
He is practicing post retirement in his clinic Named "Sowjanya Clinic" full time. He always enjoys treating the patients and hearing their pain /consoling them, writing health articles . During this Covid , he came up with the idea of going with the website to share his knowledge and experience online through his blogs and webinars.
He is known as a good teacher and guided many PG students since 1979 and presented scientific papers in National and state level conferences (many have been appreciated as best scientific papers). He was the examiner in different universities in south India
He was the Secretary and President of Karnataka association of Community health for two terms each.
He was the founder member, Secretary of Kannada Vydya sahithya parishath, He served as Secretary further President of the association. Senior member of International union for Health education South East Asia regional bureau.
Senior member of Indian association of occupational health.Senior member of Family
Scientific Papers Published:
He has published many scientific papers some of which have been recognized as best scientific papers in state and national level conferences.
Below are the Scientific paper presented./Published
1- Nutritional status of rural infants. A cross sectional study, G.Gururaj,
M.S.Rajanna.C.Shivaram. Karnataka journal of community health. vol.5,p 5-12. 1989
2. Evaluation of Medical education from students point of view ,
M.S.Rajanna. , C.Shivaram, S.A.Vastrad. Journal of medical education.
3. Awareness among college girls in Bangalore city regarding safe motherhood . , M.S.Rajanna.BG ParasuramaluK.Sumana, M.K.Sudarshan. Karnataka Journal of community Health. vol . 8. 22-24 , 1992.
4. Knowledge of AIDS amongst Medical Practitioners in Bangalore city.
M.S.Rajanna., B.G.Parasuramalu, M.K.Sudarshan. Karnataka Journal of community health. vol,8,35-36,1992
5 . A Study of life styles of coronary heart disease patients in Banglore
Received best paper award . M.S.Rajanna, K.l.Ravi. M.K.Sudarshan,
Karnataka journal of community health. vol-70-71 , Dec 1993
6 , A study of life style of Yoga sadhakas in Bangalore city. vol-9,72-73,1993.
7, Life style of aged population- urban.rural comparison
,M.S.Rajanna. BG.Parasuramalu..Raghunandan. Karnataka journal of community health. vol .9 76-77 , Dec 1993.
8. Fire brigade personale in rescue operations. a review in bangalore.
. . M.S.Rajanna. B.G.Parasuramalu Karnataka Journal of community health. vol -10,19-25. Jan-dec 1994
9. Clinico epidemiological study of Naso bronchial allergy in Banglore city. An institutional study . B.G.Parasuramalu, M.S.Rajanna. M.Jayakumary. Karnataka jounal of community health. vol.11-13 33-38 , 1995-97
10. A Randomized controlled trial comparing the safety and efficacy of single dose Albendazole and Mebendazole on Ascaris , Hook worm and Trichuris trichura infections. D.H.Aswath Narayan. M.K.Sudarshan. M.S.Rajanna.M.J.Prathiba, K.L.Ravikumar. Gangaboraiah, Indian Journal of community Health. vol.5, No.2. 35-40,July-Dec /1999. (Indexed journal)
11. Latex sensitivy among condum manufactoring unit. Sudhashree. M.S.Rajanna. received best paper award and further published in Journal of Occupational Health. (.Indexed journal)
12. Primary school teachers as primary health care workers . Best paper award . Conference of karnataka association of community health.
13 . Occupational hazards of Rag pickers. best paper award . Conference of Karnataka association of community health.
Also he has done extensive research on following topics which is well recognized by the medical fraternity.
1-Health and longevity case studies.
2 -Diet for Diabetics.
As an Office bearer and Member
1. Served as Honorary Secretary of Karnataka Association of Community health. (Regd) for two terms and organized state level conferences.
2 . Served as Secretary of Kannada Vaidya sahithya parishath. (Regd) for two and organized state level conference.
3. Served as Deputy Chairman, service committee of International union for health education. South East Asia regional bureau.
4. Served as President Kannada Vaidya Sahithya parishath .Bangalore, chapter for two terms .
5. Served as President Karnataka Association of community health for two terms.
6. Founder member of Karnataka Diabetic foundation and conducted many training programmes for Doctors on management of Diabetes mellitus.
7. Scientific committee chairman of Family physicians association Bangalore branch..
8. Member of Indian association of Occupational Health.
9. Served as Joint Secretary of Indian academy of allergy.
10. Member of Indian medical association.
Dr. Rajanna has written a Kannada book “ kutumba Arogya Samrakshane Hege."
This book comprising of thirty popular articles of public health importance. This book is considered as good reference book not only for common man but also for practicing doctors and health workers, anganwadi workers, and medical students. .Now this book is available in the form of audio CD. (for the benefit of blind people)This book has been published by Rajiv Gandhi University of health sciences and also reprinted five times. Recently 6th revised edition was released at Sri Sathya sai temple at Mandya on 16th Oct. 2016
Another book titled ”public health” (Janarogya) development after independence” was released during Aug 1997. He has written 13 dramas in Kannada about HIV/AIDS, based on real life situations and broadcasted as 13 episodes serials as "Benkiya Hoogalu” in All India Radio. He has written a biography book on well known pediatrician ‘Dr. Benakappa’, .
Dr. Rajanna was awarded and honoured for writing this book at Sri Siddhaganga shrine by Sri sri Shivakumara swamiji .
Dr. Rajanna has contributed articles for the book in Kannada “Vaidhyaru mareyalagada rogigalu in Kannada (“The patients that the doctor cannot forget
During 2012 Dr. Rajanna has written the book, “Samaja mattu Arogra” (Society and health) published by Kannada pushthaka pradhikara(Kannada book authority) Govt of Karnataka.
Recently during 2017, Dr. Rajanna has written the book on Personal hygiene and another book on Environment and health which was released by Directorate of Medical education, Govt. of Karnataka.
Kannada vaidya sahithya parishat, Kannada sahithya parishath., Lions international, IMA- branches at Bangalore , Kanakapura, Doddaballapura, Kolara etc
Dr. M.S. Rajanna was honored and received KACH literary award at JNMC Belgaum during 26th KACH conference.
Honored at Govt. medical college Mandya ,and Bangalore Press club for his contribution to Kannada medical literature.
Dr. M.S. Rajanna was honored as best teacher on 5th Sept 2014 for his uninterrupted teaching experience for 40 years.
He was honored by Family physicians association Bangalore branch for his contribution to number of CME lectures conducted for the association and his achievement.